CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
- 1 head romaine or buttered lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup snap peas, cut on diagonal
- ½ bunch green onion, cut on diagonal
- 1-12 oz. can Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 pack wonton wrappers
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Asian Sesame Dressing
1. cut 15-20 wonton wrappers into 5 strips. About 3/8" thick.
2. Meanwhile, heat up 2” oil in a pot or wok & cook some of the won ton strips in the hot oil. They should be golden brown before you remove them from the oil.
3. Place on a plate topped with a paper towel to drain excess oil.
4. Chop salad, green onions, snap peas, & place in a serving bowl.
5. Top salad with oranges, chicken, onions, peas, almonds, sesame seeds, & wontons.
6. Use Asian Sesame Salad Dressing, top dress the salad.
Top as individual servings or toss all in one bowl.
Plate Finished Product
7. Gently toss salad & serve.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I came across this dish at one of my best friends parents house. I really call it "Bev's Yummy Salad." It is a simple dish that is a true crowd-pleaser. Be sure to serve this one up at your next party & believe me your guest will love it! Do not skip out on the wontons, they are the best part!
This is a pretty straight forward & easy recipe to follow, I always make the dressing a day ahead or a few hours before & let it chill in the fridge. Once you quickly chop & prep the salad toppers all you need to do if fry the wontons, toss it all together & you're done! Many things can be added to this dish, celery, carrots, cabbage, water chestnuts, cashews, & peanuts would go well with this dish. Don't forget, you can always substitute soy sauce for gluten free soy sauce & remove the won tons to make it gluten free!